This Summer: #Merakiapproved Natural Homemade Face Masks
Updated: Mar 16
Photo credit: @endlesslyloveclub
Summer is just around the corner, and the change of season means a change for our skin. I know how annoying and tiring it is to have dry skin and running to Sephora to buy face masks, sometimes we get lazy. I've been there many times too! And if you have read my previous article about the 12 top ingredients you should avoid in your skincare regime, then you know that natural and homemade is the safest thing you can do to your skin.
But instead of going to stores and raiding the beauty for your next mask, why not raid your kitchen? Yes! I mean your K-I-T-C-H-E-N. There are many ingredients you can find in your cupboard and fridge that can make you a good and natural homemade face mask.
These ingredients, like yogurt, honey, and cacao, can give your skin wonders! Did you know that yogurt has much more exfoliating properties than the skincare products you buy? Don't underestimate the natural anti-bacterial components that honey has that can cure your acne problems. And cacao powder is a great glow booster! So, with proper measurements of these three ingredients, you'll surely have insta ready skin in no time!
When you use the power of the internet, there are many face masks recipes you can find. So, I made the search easier for you! I have compiled 5 All Natural Homemade Face Masks that are #Merakiapproved from Elle and Marie Claire.
The Breakfast Mask, this mask helps calm and mattify oily skin.
1. Combine one egg yolk, one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of olive oil with half a cup of oatmeal.
2. Stir well, then apply it to your face for 15-20 minutes.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water and make sure that your drain is cool with oatmeal then moisturize.
Photo credit: @socialcut S O C I A L . C U T
Papaya Lightening Mask, great for those who have hyperpigmentation, sun spots, and uneven skin tone.
1. Blend two tablespoons of honey and a half cup of mashed papaya.
2. Gently apply the mixture over your face for 15-20 minutes.
3. Wash it off and moisturize.
Fight Acne and Blemishes Mask
1. Mix a tablespoon of Manuka honey, a teaspoon of turmeric powder, and half a teaspoon of Dead Sea salt.
2. Use a clean foundation brush to apply to your face, especially on your T-zone area. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Honey Citrus Mask, the best quick fix to give dull skin and a bright glow.
1. Combine three tablespoons of orange juice with a quarter-cup of honey.
2. Rub the mixture lightly over your face and then leave it on for 15 minutes.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water and moisturize.
Cocoa Dream Hydration Mask
1. Mash one-quarter of an avocado in a small bowl.
2. Stir in one tablespoon cocoa powder and one tablespoon honey, mashing and mixing well.
3. Apply the mask to your clean, dry skin for 10 minutes.
4. Wash off with warm water, then moisturize.
As you can see, these ingredients boast a lot of exfoliating, soothing, and glowing properties for your skin. The avocado is extremely hydrating, and cocoa is an excellent skin-soothing antioxidant, honey has an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory component.
So, the next time you need to need a quick mask fix and you're tired and lazy to go to Sephora, or you just adore the benefits of an excellent all-natural face mask, these Natural Homemade Face Masks is what you need!
Tell me, what are your favorite natural homemade face masks? I'd love to know!
Do share them in the comments below. And if you know someone who needs these natural homemade face masks recipes, don't hesitate to share it with them.