Fashion Trends To Wear This 2020 To Boost Your Self-Confidence
Photo credit: @thezeenmag
We deal with fashion every day. The style is a language that tells a story about the person who wears it. It separates people into groups; your style shows who you are, which creates stereotypes. More people are involved in buying, selling, and production of clothing in the world, a prominent business indeed.
When others mimic or emulate a clothing style, that’s where fashion trends occur. A fashion trend starts with fashion designers who based their designs on cues and inspiration they have gathered throughout a season. Fashion trends are influenced by runway trends, musicians, celebrities, fashion bloggers, and high profile individuals. It suddenly becomes popular, then disappears over time, and serves as an inspiration or recycled in the years to come.
Classic fashion trends never die.
1. Straight Leg Jeans White shirt and a pair of jeans? Simple yet comfortable. A pair of jeans is a staple piece that every woman has in her wardrobe. It never goes out of style; it can easily be paired with anything depending on what you want to wear on top of it and how you want to wear it.
Jeans have plenty of styles — skinny, flare, slim fit, boyfriend jeans, wide legs, and more, but this year straight leg jeans are the trend.
2. Boyfriend Blazer It may sound like stealing your boyfriend’s blazer. But it’s not. This piece is solely for women though it’s inspired by an oversized piece that somewhat looks like his.
Styling a boyfriend’s blazer is more of layering it with a t-shirt or a tank top of your choice. You can also make use of it in other ways by experimenting with it and see what styles you can come up with.
3. Cardigans Cardigans have not been a fashionable piece since the ’90s, but with fashion influencers, models, and fashion icons, it has returned.
Skinny jeans or leggings paired with t-shirts are the easiest way to wear a cardigan. A thin fitted dress along with a long cardigan can make you look cozier. This is a piece that you can live all winter. Cardigans paired with your favorite pieces are perfect for work, date, and event, plus it is also ideal for traveling — light, warm, and comfy.
4. Trench Coats Trench coats have been an iconic garment. Initially, it was a military coat that originated from the trenches of World War I, and now it has transitioned to women’s wear.
Wearing this gives elegance and class to women. Audrey Hepburn, Marlene Dietrich, Marilyn Monroe, Bridget Bardot — are some of the Hollywood stars who popularized this clothing. Besides the fabric, trench coats are famous for their double-breasted silhouettes, belts, wide lapels and military details like epaulets, storm flaps and pockets, and a back vent for ease movement according to an online article by Sumissura.
Trench coats are versatile as they can be worn any time, winter, spring, or fall as long as the weather allows it. It looks great with jeans and a sweater, can be worn casually, be at work and events.
5. Leather Jackets One of the timeless wardrobe staples is a leather jacket that can last years when you take good care of it. It works well with almost any outfit like for both oversized and fitted tops. If you plan to have a girl’s night out, an obvious choice to wear would be a cute party dress paired with a fitted leather jacket. And if you want an office-ready outfit you can wear A-line office skirts and trousers top with a leather jacket.
6. One-shoulder tops If you wanted to show your sexy side without revealing too much or look provocative one shoulder tops might become your new favorite. This piece is ideally to show-off your beautiful shoulders.
7. Slip Dresses They are a one-and-done outfit that you can slip on and be ready to go. It can be an alternative comfy outfit, you can go for a mini, midi or maxi option.
Although slips are commonly worn as undergarments for years, now it has become a part of it. White t-shirt and a slip dress can make you feel relaxed and look casual transforming it from a traditional evening dress we use to see.
8. Midi Denim Skirts Like jeans, denim skirts never go out of style, and it has been reinvented for today’s woman. They can be styled with hoodies, crop top, tucked-in sweaters or even with a denim jacket. You can also pair it with leggings or tights leaving your skin looking long and bare.
“The purpose of fashion can be as simple as, you need clothing to maneuver in the world. Forget fashion as a trend, think fashion and clothing as a necessity. You need a pair of pants, a shirt, shoes to go on that interview, to the grocery store, your cousin’s wedding. It’s how we present ourselves to live.” — Rajni Jacques, Fashion Director, Teen Vogue, and Allure Trends come and go. Fashion is a means of expressing ourselves, who we are, how we feel, and our styles. Fashion is not all constant, it changes so fast in the blink of an eye, and a new top you bought could get out of trend.
Whatever clothing or outfits you choose to wear, it doesn’t matter if it’s the new trend or not as long as you’re comfortable with it, it shouldn’t be a problem. It is not what you wear, but how you wear it as they say.