If you know me, then you know that I am a fanatic when it comes to homemade masks and scrubs. Face scrubs and masks are very important and if you can integrate it into your skin care routine you'll get yourself that Instagram ready, smooth and glowing look!
Here are 5 of my holy grails when it comes to masks and scrubs:
1. Sugar and Honey - This easy recipe is gentle as a scrub that doesn't clog pores and also used as a good moisturizer for your skin. Tip: If you have scars you can use honey for treatment - honey helps promote wound healing.
You can use this recipe both as a mask or scrub. (To use as a mask, simply add more sugar) Tip: You can also use this to exfoliate your lips.
2. Cocoa, Honey and Avocado - There are many benefits that come along with this great diy mask. Avocado is extremely hydrating, cocoa is an excellent skin-soothing antioxidant, and honey is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
All you need is:
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 tbsp Honey
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and apply onto dry skin. For best results I like to leave it on for about 10-15 minutes.
3. Banana, Honey and Orange Juice - From all my diy face masks and scrubs, this one is my least favorite as I don't like the smell and lumps of the bananas but the results are definitely worth it. For this diy recipe you'll need:
1 tbsp O.J
1 tbsp Honey.
Mix well and apply to skin. Leave on for 10-15 minutes.
4. Coconut and Sugar - This one is one of my favorites! Applying coconut to my skin is part of my skin care routine. This is the most simple recipe to get that instant morning glow! All you'll need is coconut and sugar. Combine coconut oil and sugar in a small bowl, and stir to combine. Rub gently on face in circular motions and rinse off with warm water.
Tip: If you like this face scrub you can make a batch and store it for up to 3 months! Keep in cool dry place.
5. Lemon and Sugar - This one is a treasure in a bowl!
Lemons provide a dose of the free radical fighting antioxidant vitamin C, which helps keep skin even-toned and helps boost the body's immune system. Lemons can be used as a skin astringent as it helps motivate your pores to close and your face to tighten resulting in smoother skin.
Sugar is a natural humectant. It draws moisture from the environment into your skin. Using sugar based products can help hydrate your skin and retain moisture.
Olive oil contains the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K and is a natural moisturizer.
Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it's great for acne treatment and prevention and slowing down aging. Honey also gives a complexion boost: It is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps create a glow.
For this scrub, simply whisk together ingredients [mentioned above] and gently rub into facial skin in circular motions, for about one minute. Rinse off skin with warm water.